How to place a conference call on your 3CX phone - for ALC phones
Conference calling can be made up to 32 calls (Depending on the license applied).
Placing a conference call can be done in two ways. You can create a conference call by either dialing the conference number directly from your phone or by using the 3CX software installed on your PC.
Creating a Conference from 3CX MyPhone
When you are already on a call:
- Click on the button ‘Create Conference’ - shown below your active call.
- The Create Conference Dialog will appear.
- Specify a name for your conference call and click ok.
- Add one or more parties to the conference by clicking ‘>’. Once added, click OK. External parties can be added by specifying their telephone.
- The Conference will be created. It will then add all parties involved into the conference call.
Please Note: To be added to the conference call, you will be disconnected and automatically called by the conference service to join.
To create a new conference call:
- In the Call Conference tab, click on the create conference button.
- The Create Call Conference dialog will appear with you as a participant.
- Specify a name for the conference.
- You can add additional participants by selecting one or more extensions on the left hand side and clicking on the arrow ‘>’.
- You can add External Participants by including their telephone number (including any prefix that may be required) and clicking ‘>’.
- Click OK to create the call conference.
- All participants will be called by the PBX, they just need to answer the phone to join the conference.
Creating a Conference from your Phone
If you wish to setup a call conference directly from your phone, you will need to inform the other participants of the number they need to dial and the conference ID. For example, internal callers will need to dial 700 but external participants will need to dial a specific DID or else dial 700 at the IVR menu. After that they need to enter the conference ID that
- Dial the conference extension number, by default this is 700.
- You will be requested to enter a conference ID. This can be any number, for example ‘100’. If the phone system requires a security PIN to create a call conference, you must enter it after the conference ID, separated by a *, for example: 100*0000 (where 100 is the conference ID and 0000 the system wide conference PIN).
- All callers that wish to join the conference must specify the same conference ID!
- If your administrator has configured that 3CX requires a PIN to create a conference, enter it now. This PIN will only be required by the person creating the conference.
- If you are the first participant, the conference system will ask you to confirm creation of the conference. Press * to confirm or # to cancel
- You will be asked to speak your name after the beep and press a button to continue.
- You will now enter the conference. If you are the first caller, you will hear music on hold, whilst you wait for the other callers. As soon as another caller joins, their name will be announced.