This guide will take you through how to import your PST backup email into Outlook. This guide will work for Outlook 2013/2016.
Importing an Outlook backup file into your existing configured email account within Outlook can be done by following the steps below:
- Open Outlook
- Select File in the top left corner
- Open the Open & Export menu on the left and select the Import/Export option.
- Select the fifth option in the list - Import from another program or file and click Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst). Click Next.
- Browse to the backup file (.pst file) that you want to import, then choose Next.
- If you assigned a password to the Outlook Data File (.pst file), enter the password, and then click OK.
- To import your backup file into your email account configured in Outlook, choose that mailbox here shown here.
- Choose Finish. Outlook will import the contents of your Outlook file immediately. The time may vary depending on the size of the file and of your internet connection.
If you experience problems:
For LCA IT Services (Support): http://itsupport.lca.org.au and submit a job (you will need your username and password), and an IT Officer will respond to your query.
Alternatively you can contact us on 08 8267 7380 between 8:30am to 4:30pm (ACST) or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.