Voicemail for ALC
With the introduction of the new phones, a new Voicemail system has been implemented. This means that Voicemail will no longer be delivered to your phone. Instead you will receive a Voicemail in the form of an email with an audio attachment which can be played on your computer.
Included below are some instructions on how to access and configure your Voicemail box. If you find any issues with playing this file please contact ICT (Eg. If you don’t have any speakers to play the audio file)
Accessing your voicemail
To access your Voicemail:
- Pick up the handset and dial ‘999’ to access your mailbox
This feature will present a voice menu system with some basic options. These are:
- Dial * to play your messages
- Dial 9 to go to options
- Dial pound(#) to exit
Changing your Voicemail greeting:
To change your Voicemail greeting:
- Enter the option menu by selecting ‘9’ on the keypad
- Select Option ‘8’ to set your voicemail greeting. This will proceed to offer further options to set the new greeting.
- To record a new Voicemail greeting, select ‘0’ followed by the ‘#’ key at the end.
- Press ‘0’ to save and hang up the phone
Other Voicemail options
Other Voicemail options that can be changed can be found by dialing ‘9’ to enter the Voicemail options:
- Dialing “1” allows you to change your profile status.
- Dialing “3” allows you to dial a number.
- Dialing “4” allows you to delete all read messages.
- Dialing “5” allows you change your self-identification message.
- Dialing “6” allows you to play mailbox information.
- Dialing “7” allows you change your voicemail PIN number.
- Dialing “8” allows you to change your greeting message.
- Dialing “9” allows you to restart the voice menu’s prompts.